Literature and Latte has a nicely informative update on the status of Scrivener for iPad. Most exciting is the explicit commitment to formatting, including footnotes. Obviously, footnotes are important to me since I do academic writing, but I’m also hoping to see support for commenting. My writing and revision process relies heavily on making notes for myself through the comment feature, and I’d lose both a lot of actual content and an important part of the way I interact with my drafts if comments weren’t supported on the iPad.
AboutI'm Sydney Bufkin, a graduate student in American literature at the University of Texas at Austin. Right now, I'm teaching an introductory course for English majors and pressing on through the last two chapters of my dissertation.
- AcWriMo amazon.com american literature Beyonce blackboard blogging book history bourdieu celebrity china climate change course prep data mining digital humanities dissertation drought endings fellowship frank norris garland girls goal setting graduate school gtd history houhgton mifflin howells humanities in the news ipad journalism landlords learn to code lena dunham links methodology moocs naps narrative narrators nationalism north carolina office space organization paolo bacigalupi process professionalization prospectus public discourse publishing race reading reflection rejection religion reviews rhetoric science fiction scrivener self-care sleep sugarsync tar heels television things tools topic modeling unions vocal fry walter hines page write every day writing tips wunderlist yoit yoit feminism shakesville
- Too much excitement for a Tuesday night: assisting w/the excavation of a dead possum from under the deck. 1 day ago
- A persistent osprey seems to be winning his stand-off with the Maryland Transit Authority: gawker.com/heroic-ospreys… 2 days ago
- RT @Salon: "By embracing Reaganomics, we decided back in 1980 not to have a middle class within a generation or two" slnm.us/sfkvP25 3 days ago
- RT @insidehighered: What's behind the racial divide in public opinion on whether student-athletes should be paid? insidehighered.com/news/2014/03/2… 3 weeks ago
- @gerrycanavan + especially to younger, female instructors whose boundaries get tested a lot. 1 month ago