Literature and Latte has a nicely informative update on the status of Scrivener for iPad. Most exciting is the explicit commitment to formatting, including footnotes. Obviously, footnotes are important to me since I do academic writing, but I’m also hoping to see support for commenting. My writing and revision process relies heavily on making notes for myself through the comment feature, and I’d lose both a lot of actual content and an important part of the way I interact with my drafts if comments weren’t supported on the iPad.
AboutI'm Sydney Bufkin, a recent PhD in American literature. Right now, I'm thinking a lot about time, genre, and reception.
- AcWriMo amazon.com american literature Beyonce blackboard blogging book history bourdieu celebrity china climate change course prep data mining digital humanities dissertation drought endings fellowship frank norris garland girls goal setting graduate school gtd history houhgton mifflin howells humanities in the news ipad journalism landlords learn to code lena dunham links methodology moocs naps narrative narrators nationalism north carolina office space organization paolo bacigalupi process professionalization prospectus public discourse publishing race reading reflection rejection religion reviews rhetoric science fiction scrivener self-care sleep sugarsync tar heels television things tools topic modeling unions vocal fry walter hines page write every day writing tips wunderlist yoit yoit feminism shakesville
- Best part of revisions: finding my frustrated and desperate notes to my future self. "Wtf is the right transition here? Fix this!" 4 days ago
- RT @Wraithaz: Russell Brand on some people's reactions to his focus on inequality. http://t.co/8rhkYSlRm9 1 week ago
- RT @AlexCKaufman: A list of congresspeople who cut funding for ALS research, then did #IceBucketChallenge huff.to/1oUEcEC http://t.c… 1 week ago
- RT @catjohnson: "In the beginning there was a recognizable need for media presence, but this is the other extreme" wp.me/p1ufMg-pX … 1 week ago
- RT @SusanSchorn: New @mcsweeney's column today on risk, de-escalation, and the trend of cops shooting everything that fucking moves: http:/… 1 week ago